View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
and I hope that people will be honest enough to tell me right now what it is that I can do to be better.
Well, off the top of my head, Larry, you could try not enjoying it so much (openly, at least) when you're telling people that their characters are likely to be killed off in the next post.

Seriously though, having only ever played in the Lockesville and current Awakenings games, i think i found a happy medium from the start. After one or two of my earliest, inexperienced, overambitious and ultimately deleted posts, you guided me back in line, without limiting my options, with more patience than your kill-crazy DMs rep would have suggested. (Ok, i'll knock it off.) As a result, i think i got the hang of it painlessly enough that i was able to include broader scale, less obvious intentions amongst the standard "i'm doing this, now i'm doing that" text relatively early on. You seemed to recognise most of my subtlest intentions through the hints i provided which is no small task given that i often wonder if my writing style is too bloody confusing to anyone besides, and sometimes even, me. Not only was it often recognised, you often included it and gave me the option of my input when the situation allowed and didn't even kill me if i over-did it! (Ok, ok. I really knock it off now.) Also, in times when i've obviously failed to see your intended course of action, you've worked with whatever lame response i've conjured or have politely offered a nudge-wink by way of PM when my wayward actions just can't be worked with. In fact Larry, I can't help but state that the only criticism i have towards your DM style is to wonder if you're as lenient with everybody else. Oh, that and the fact that we're never truly able to forget that you've potentially a sadistic death ready and waiting for each and any one of us at the next post. I think by now, we know we're not to become too attached to our characters. Seriously man, the constant reminders can mess with a guy's head.

But enough about you. End the paranoia. Tell me what i'm doing wrong! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Edit: If in any way i've mistaken your doings for Cyril's, could you pretty please ask him not to kill me?

[ 03-25-2007, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote