View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This is a good idea, Purple. In fact, I hope that people who have actually gamed with me and for me would step up and tell me specifically where I need to improve, giving me examples of when I did not perform well as a DM or gamer. I am not a real DM with books and understanding of rules, etc..., and always am seeking advice, and I hope that people will be honest enough to tell me right now what it is that I can do to be better.

As for my comments on the subject:

As a gamer, I do not like games that are so open-ended that it is obvious that there is no goal in sight nor best-choice path to take to get to that goal. I like a bit of structure and to know where my limits are as a character.

As a DM, I do not appreciate lack of equal effort from each gamer. Some gamers can write beautiful paragraphs to detail their "move" and some people don't even take the time to spell correctly and make those horrible "one-liners". I understand that people are at different levels of experience and education, but sometimes the lack of effort is too apparent to ignore.

Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote