View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 09:07 AM   #99
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Snurll, indeed, had never left the tower, manipulating his tools from a distance. He flew into a rage at the demon's destruction. All of that effort, summoning him and sending him to Baldur's Gate, under control, and the final penetration of the House of the Dome, all for naught, so close to his goal. There was no help for it, he decided after he had cooled down, he would have to leave the tower and go to Baldur's Gate himself, though he would have to be very careful not to be recognized. There had to be a way to get to be alone with the girl.
The thief arrived in Baldur's Gate a few days later. He had a few facts to go on that Galadria had let slip: Sefa's name and the fact that she had been a street waif. It was not long before he was revisiting his old haunts in the slums, revisiting old cronies and making new ones. It was not hard for him. He had money and spread it around. Repeatedly inquiring about Galadria did not get him far, as she rarely visited the city's poorer quarters, but Sefa was still remembered as the poor beggar child who had made it out of the slums and occasionally came back to visit old friends and help them.
Finally, someone pointed out Sefa's friend Naba, who was begging outside a seedy temple. Pretending to be struck by her beauty, Snurrll offered her gold to return with him to his inn for dinner and dalliance. The girl eagerly agreed, and afterwards, sated with unaccustomed wine, food, and amorous attention, she was ready, even eager to talk of her good friend Sefa. She praised her as bringing aid in the form of food and money to her loosely-knit group of friends.
Snurll did not have to affect interest, asking many questions about this paragon. Naba understandably grew a bit jealous, tossing her rather greasy hair. "I don't see why you are so fascinated with Sefa," she pouted, "since you have me right here. She wouldn't be interested in you, no. She is all stuck up about men since she went to live with Lady Galadria." Naba recalled her interrogation years ago by Galadria with a flush. "That's a mean one, she is. Treats a person like dirt just because she tries to pull a little trick on her. I tell you, all that talk about how nice she is comes from people that haven't crossed her. One false move, and the claws come out."
Snurll twined his fingers in her hair. "So," he replied with a little smirk, "you have a grudge agaist Galadria, do you? Let me tell you, so do I. How would you like to earn more gold and perhaps, if you play your cards right, a place in my household?"
Naba leaned forward with what she hoped was a flattering smile, displaying her charms to the best advantage. She thought she knew what cards Snurll meant, and she thought that she played that game well. Unfortunately, she was dealing with a master sharper.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote