View Single Post
Old 11-21-2001, 03:32 AM   #9
Whailor

In any case, the thing you are facing is the old and pesky and archaic rules of AD&D or whatever. Someone who cooked up these rules thought that he's "cool" when he adds such stupid rules. Have to say that the 2nd edition ones are better then 1st, but still are bad. I just hope that the 3rd edition ones (beats me what they have, I definately aint going to waste money on the plain ole rule book) are better and get rid of many such nonsense.

Now, if you are some Rogue class, then it's tricky. Some items you can put on which will lower your AC even when magic armor is on. Ring of Earth (or what the name was) is one of such lovely rings which does work even when you have magic armor on. Cloak of the Sewers is another such good thingie. As a thief class (if you are such) there isn't really much anything you can wear on the head. You can get though some decent leather armor, once you do a quest related to the village in the need of help. It's tad harder to aquire the "parts" for the armor, as it isn't exactly a shopping run, but it's doable [img]smile.gif[/img]