Thread: General Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2001, 01:13 PM   #1
Inis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am at somewhat of an impasse in BG2:SoA. I have access to most anywhere on the worldmap, but whether exploring out there or skulking around in Athkatla, I can't seem to pull a victory when it counts. A perfect example is the De'Arnise stronghold. I have cleared it totally but cannot beat the 3 trolls at the end. Another example. I killed the tanner and took the unfinished armor but cannot beat the mage and his cronies one floor up. Is it just that there are level thresholds which really should be crossed, or key members that should be in a party, before these quests can realistically be completed well? Or is it merely that I must vary my tactics and spell-use? Or some combination thereof? I am really getting frustrated here, as I cannot seem to DO anything without dying, but it is by DOING things that one becomes more powerful, finding items and gaining experience. On a side note, I would love to drop Cernd from my party in favour of another tank (like a fully armored Anomen) but I feel I can't because I read somewhere that a druid needs to be level 14 to challenge for leadership of a grove, which I surmise is what is needed to overcome that druidess who has linked herself directly to the corrupted grove. *sigh*

Any words of wisdom for a simple mageling?

Mage Inis
level 10 and...er...counting?