View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #61
Laughing Rogue
Welcomed New User

Smiley Re: Tech Tips (game not working? Read this!)

Yup im using DirectX 6. i knocked it down to 6 in order to get some old Might & Magic games to run.

I appeared to solve that naga problem but i still dont know what caused it or why what i did fixed it.

I ran dxdiag and it all turned up fine. I changed it to run on win 95 that didnt help. i also done all the things in the first page of this thread. Setting virtual memory, disabling non-essential programs, defragging, and such. I reinstalled the whole game a few times. I even instaled Wizards & Warriors on another computer and transfered my saved games over and even that didnt fix the game from crashing after i killed the Naga!!

So i decided to reinstall it 1 more time. Delete everything i had done preivously including reinstalling the patch and town mask avi things that are messed up cuz of XP and started a new party of character from scratch.... that eventualy did it. I would still like to know if anyone has any idea why that happened.

So im good for now up until i come across the next game crashingly devastaing bug! Cya, im off to Shurugeon Castle!!

Last edited by Laughing Rogue; 09-03-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Laughing Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote