View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #24
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucern:
It is fun to see American conservatives get their collective underoos in a knot over him. It's also fun to see what kind of juvenile fat jokes 50 year old pundits and politicians come up with lol. You'd think they'd be experts at dealing with political commentary masked as something else* [img]tongue.gif[/img] I enjoy his films (tell me it's not entertaining to see the overbearing, overweight Moore chasing down people yelling for a minute of their time), but I don't believe a word of them unless I read it from a more credible source. Even where I think he's right, his methodology doesn't lend credibility to his work, so he gets a F from me as a social scientist [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree with Aragorn that his hyperbole is unnecessary for the points he wants to make (haven't seen 911, so no comment there), yet there are well done documentaries on, say, the woes of outsourcing that will never enjoy 1/10 of the recognition of Roger and Me. I guess most people would rather be entertained than learn something.
Sums up my thoughts on him quite nicely. The most entertaining thing about Moore is watching people, especially those conservatives that can fairly be considered "people," when they REACT to him. The reactions are funnier than he will ever be.

[ 06-23-2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]