View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hope you don't mind, Bungleau - thought it would be a great idea to put all your chapters in one "basket" so to speak.

Please do not post to this thread! Post to the individual chapters as Bungleau adds them!

Everything in this thread is BUNGLEAU'S work save this and above.

>

**If you've made your way back through the solo warrior writings, you'll find this one is like no other. Taking Missy's adventures and putting them into story format was an idea that started with chapter two, and has continually progressed since then. One day, I may rewrite this chapter to match the others, but I need to finish the entire thing first.**

Okay, I finally got myself back to W&W, and after four tries, was able to reset my game for the arrival of a new adventurer... Missy Hissy, a ratling warrior who's prepared to take the Gael Serran by storm.

So far, we've relearned a couple of lessons.

First, gold is mighty important in the Gael Serran. It took Missy a long time to get enough gold for the Warrior Guild, and she needs still more to get her barbarian promotion, and still more to get a single magic arrow so she can start selling. And since the only things that drop gold fight back, this has been rather challenging.

Second, they... WILL... hunt... you... down... No kidding! Missy ran into a pack of Worgurs, who were tearing her to shreds. She ran back to the gates of Valeia, rested for a few... and there they were! She ran through Valeia and out the other side, rested... and there they were! She went back and forth four or five times until she decided to spend some of her hard-earned gold at the temple for healing. Was down to 6 GP when the last one died...

Third, as always, skill choices are critical. Missy Hissy went with (with her three skill points) Sword, Dagger, and Bow, figuring that she needed offensive firepower. Yeah, offensive firepower like a gnat. At least with her dagger, she can get lots of licks in, and she'll still be able to use it when she get to be a spellcaster... someday...

Fourth, there's some definite advantage of the universal offensive strategy known as RUN!!!!!! After Gorthius' pals turned on him, she scooped up his possessions and gold, and high-tailed it back to Valeia. The three Jade Thieves were too much to take on at once, but on the way back, they got separated... and she was able to shoot one with an arrow, lure him to her, dispose of him, and move on to the next.

She's now level 3, and will probably be level five before she can convert over to Barbarian. It will simply be a question of the amount of gold she can beg, borrow, or steal. Maybe tonight she'll get brave enough to go to the graveyard.

'Course, it's not like we don't know the graveyard. Missy Hissy has died three times already, only to be brought back to life by the Reverse Time spell.

More news as the situation warrants it...

--------------------
Enjoy.

*B*
Minister, etc. (ret.)

[ 05-17-2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote