View Single Post
Old 12-06-2000, 09:05 AM   #21
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Mr.Underhill

Please do!
LOL, interesting details all the time, actually there are even older scripts yet. Old chineesemagics which refer mostly to the ability to summon effects of nature and animals, call lightning, everybody have heard of Lord Raiden I presume, old Chineese God of storm and lightning, protexctor o light? Wel his abilities were early described as magic, also the God of bears who could amass enourmous strength, well the followers of these gods had these abilities from their god to some extent and some are refered to have written down the ancient script which was the words the gods used to utter to make "things happen". You will have to excuse my spelling and memory here, been some years ago since I read this. These scrips are very old sometime before bc and well chineese mysticism is really great but hard to find accurate informaion about. Also the japanese traditions are also more to a more direct use of magic, the European way is very influenced of ancient Egypt, hence the first real Arceologists(spelling sorry not easy for a Swede =) ) these influences colored social life in early 1900 and in fiction writing and so. The Golden Dawn, Alistair Crowley, H.P Lovecraft are just some whoused these influences and also the discovery of old Sumer which religion is really hard to understand and the beliefs of the stars and so on... Wel interesting subjects but way far away from BG2 LOL--
Hopefully some of you all enjoys this..

Well i will let you go to slepp now!