View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #40
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I've been off the game a lot, so here are 3 updates:

1. Sherincal
Sherry was actually quite on the easy side. I could hold off her minions for a long time while my mages took care of them using AoE spells. I was then able to pepper her full of spells and bolts while she cowardly ran around on the platform, and when she showed her ugly face, my golden heart paladin took her down in a duel (always hit with a critical for 50 damage ). He actually took quite a bit, but lay on hands healed him enough to beat Sherry. Yay, a crappy normal-mode-worthy greatsword. Come on, +1?

2. Caithlin
She was a toughie, but my main fighting paladin has protection from missles on from his kick-assassin shield and rushed the pocket of lethal slingers with not much damage. My party was scattered in this fight, with my CS wielder and warrior-cleric taking on Caithlin and her crew, my mages Mordenkaining (missles and sword) away at the reinforcements, and my hasted medic running around, lending a Heal or a sword to whoever needed it. I was actually losing (me? Never!), when my cleric was able to break away from the fighting long enough to cast Gate. A Gelugen was very helpful in turning the tide, and Caithlin was defeated.

3. Lysara
She sure was tough. I wanted to save the prisoners and took the back entrance, so I couldn't prebuff for the fight. I had to start in the corner in order to get off my buffs. I quickly got off haste and protection from eveil 10 ft radius, then started fighting. I for some reason did not have gate in this fight, so I had to resort to summoning a cacofiend with my mage instead. Weaker fiend, same result. He served as a decoy long enough for enough horrid wilting and fireballs to severely hamper their warriors, then I attacked with my 4 warriors and finished off the stragglers. The downside of this method was that the white abishis were also the victims of my barrage of death. Oh well, they were evil anyway. I actually almost was able to spare the leader (to do the quest), but my fiend attacked him and he went hostile. Of course, this method gave me quite a bit of xp from saving the prisoners, so whos complaining?

I expect Oria to meet a grisly end soon.

EDIT:
If I ever try a paladin game again, I am gonna ditch the secondary fighting paladin, since even with the CS he can't fight nearly as well as the main paladin, and I don't really need a second tank in HoF anyway. I think I'd opt for a second Drow mage-type guy, but lose the rogue level and have him dual wield long swords. While the other three bombardiers are wasting enemies, the main warrior is happy with his Golden Heart and the new drow dude can either join in on the bombing OR cast some buffs, Tenser himself , draw the CS and scimmy of souls, and join in!

[ 01-15-2005, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Marty4 ]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote