View Single Post
Old 09-30-2001, 10:31 PM   #3
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

It's good to see you too .

Kids are doing great and my wife has decided to go back to school.

Anachronox was great. If you can get past the blocky graphics (it uses the Quake II engine), it's a lot of fun. It's a sci-fi adventure where the main character is a detective who gets roped into saving the universe. I know it sounds a bit corny and it is. The game designers made it that way. Some of the characters will even make fun of each other, and themselves. I found it very entertaining. I downloaded the patch as soon as I installed the game, and really didn't have any difficulty running it.

What would I trade for? Something fun. I know that sounds vague, but I'm just looking to get some more gaming finished by Christmas (figure someone will feed my PC Game addition). If you have any recommendations, I'm open.

The games I have (in order of purchase) are as follows:
- Age of Empires and Rise of Rome Expansion
- Starcraft and Brood Wars
- Baldur's Gate
- Baldur's Gate 2
- Icewind Dale
- Heart of Winter
- Throne of Bhaal
- Anachronox

Oh, and I have to add that the rule in our house is no games with an M rating. The kids like to "help" me once in a while. Nothing like trying to switch weapons and adjust inventory with a 5 year old poking his finger at the screen saying "click on that one Dad. Yeah, that one, with the big sword."

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 09-30-2001).]