View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 10:02 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

this is one nasty bugger.. WARNING DO NOT CLICK ON LINK BELOW UNLESS YOU ARE FULLY PROTECTED AGAINST SPYWARE

(http://www.) "gigasearch.biz/?126" (just in case you click on it by accident)

this stupid spyware changes my homepage to the link above although i tried changing the settings everytime. Im getting annoyed already (actually abit pissed) [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] My homepage was originally just yahoo.com.

I tried using the traditional means of spyware removal which is basically adaware and spybot which led me to no luck. It still changes my homepage settings and added a annoying barlink to its websites.

I have redownloaded spybot and adaware with the latest updates on each of them. I have also Downloaded the latest in my anti-virus norton (thanks TDC). Adaware was able to detect some spyware thanks to its new engine but its still not enough since the problem still reoccurs basically changing my homepage.

Anywayz, I have started to beef up my security because of this incident having norton (thanks again TDC [img]smile.gif[/img] and zone alarm firewalls plus hardware firewall router. So basically nothing goes in and out without a warning of some sort.

Now, the problem is that i still cant seem to remove this blasted spyware with all the scans I have done. I need help big time there guys . Did any of you guys encounter that website link and know which program can remove that bugger? Since I monitor the inbound and outbound programs I do not think I am being hacked whatsoever that changes my homepage. Its spyware somewhere inside my HD so I need some good spyware alternatives for this one guys.

Catch me if you can..