View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Re: Ebay Buyers Protection Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkoliar View Post
Just curious among Ebay users, have any of you have used this before? I am doing one right now as I am posting this.

I believe the item I purchased in ebay is a pirated copy (a very good pirated copy if I may say). I tried contacting the seller twice but no response yet. But I am running out of time to open the dispute with paypal (45 -60) days limitation.

I decided to do, but I am curious to others people experiences. Any thoughts? I really am not a confrontational person, but I am seriously peeved last week when I recieved the copy.
Were you under the impression it was a legitimate product? If so, then you did what you needed to do. However, many times in my experience, the seller will elude in a certain way it is not of legitimate quality.

I have dealt with a ebayer out of Saipan, who sells .PDF files of manuals, literally pennies on the dollar. But I will say, it was not copied from the book, it was copied from the net, to include the http for distro. Which lead me to investigate that website, which in turn charged a fee to access their version of said manual. Without saying, a .PDF for 1/10th the cost of the manual, or 1/9th the cost of web access makes for a cheap reference without hurting the publisher, who by the way, was not the web host. No harm, no foul. My only complaint is he does not provide the schematics, which makes tracing circuitry a bit difficult.

My morals may be a bit looser than yours, but if the product should be legit, then that is what you should receive.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote