View Single Post
Old 06-02-2002, 03:28 PM   #8
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for all the input. Seeing that other people have the same problems, at least I know I'm not alone.

I too have been thrown out right at the start when I've made my character. I've also been thrown out when I bought a mail cuirass and when I tried to outfit it, it crashed on me. I reloaded a couple of tiems and it crashed at the same point both times. It allowed me to outfit other armour and weapons, just not the cuirass.

Veselle, could it be on board sound? I thought it would be the video card? Also, what are VIAs? After spending all my savings on a new computer, I'm can't afford as yet to buy a sound card just for one game but we'll see.

Angel, unsure I want to change my bios, I'm not computer literate enough. Also, how does re-installing help?

Larry, I noticed a previous post that said make sure your screen resolution is the same as the game and I did just that so that's not the problem.

Today I played with it (after watching England get a disappointing draw in the World Cup - any Brits here?) but it crashed at certain intervals, the best I got was 50 minutes before it crashed.

Finally, is it worth waiting for the patch in hope it may fix something or shoild I return it to EB? At the moment I don't want to play it in it's current state, I don't have your collective patience.

Oh well, back to Wizardry 8. Thanks to everyone once again for all your help, you're the best.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote