View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
Malthaussen
Manshoon

The NWN 2 will use a bastardized form of the NWN 1 henchman concept, according to the FAQ. There will be up to three henchmen (although the designers disparage that term) over whom the player will exercise more control than in NWN 1, but who will come and go at their own pleasure, and may only be available if one commits certain acts or meets other preconditions. There will only be one "real" player character, however, because the design team believes that having more "dilutes" the role of the hero.

Poppycock, IMO, which is pretty much why I started this thread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I haven't seen the official word on Dragon Age, but have also heard the rumor that it will be party-oriented.

Banter and such is a welcome aspect of the BG series, but I am perfectly happy with the IWD system of creating one's own party. I have more than enough imagination to conjure up the banter among my party members, many of whom I have been adventuring with since the late 1960s. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"It takes too much time to do it" is probably a realistic assessment, but that doesn't make it a worthy reason. Designers might just as well say "It takes too much time to do it right."

-- Mal