View Single Post
Old 09-16-2001, 08:03 PM   #222
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

*Sigh* I wasn't being literal about the high explosives, what I endevoured to express was that some times you do need to kill a rabid dog to protect the greater populace. Its a metaphor, I know we aren't talking aobut literal dogs here. As for the terrorists, sorry they deserve to be dis-integrated, there is no socially redeaming value in a person who would blindly kill men, women, children and innocents of all types just to hit his target, that constitutes a "rabid dog" to me. I know you don't support what happened so Im not sure why you felt the need to defend that type of extremist nut case. ahh well at least Im not confused any more, and after this weekend small victories are all I need.
[/B]
Errrmmm.... I didn't think I WAS defending 'em!

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Ya know it never fails to amaze me that it always people who were born into, raised and educated in the west who see it as such a failure and horrible culture. THese people who would be shot and killed, imprisioned and/or tortured just for having said even half of what they post here if theyr were in these so so superior middle eastern and eastern countries....If the west sucks so badly why not emigrate to Syria or Iran? Im sure they would be glad to have anyone who wanted to go there. Just wondering of course. Anyone have a decent answer?[/B]
Errrmmmm.... I didn't say anything like that, either! The West DOES suck, in many ways - especially with regard to our apallingly predatory capitalist system - but some other places suck MUCH more. I wouldn't live anywhere but England, myself!

------------------