View Single Post
Old 12-18-2000, 03:27 AM   #6
UserUnFriendly

important things I discovered in killing shade dragon in optional quests.

dragons like to cast breath weapon at first target they see, so sending in a expendable skeleon or spider is the first step.

protection against magic should be cast before engagement, plus any energy protection spell or potions.

prepare a squad of the best summoned creatures you can get to vanguard and soak up the dragon spells while you prepare

pierce shield
lower resistance and some sorta silencing spell...power word is best.

as you can see, you must breach his outermost defences, spells and shields, then his inner defenses, natural magi resistance, then silence him FAST.

above all else, watch out for his wing buffet!!! the line of sight in this game and the huge size the dragon hasmakes it very easy to wander in too close. the first time I fought dragon I sent my mage guy in alone to the dragon, and after i'd taken down his defences, was preparing a cloudkil x 3 to waste him when his wing buffet stunned me. luckily i still had a skeleton warrior left, and my other guys used bows and slings to finish him off while the dragon tried to attack y stunned mage. fortunately my mage still had active defences

say, a funky thing happed to me. when I was doing the rescue jan's friend's daugher quest, I ambushed a pair of demonic types, one of which managed to cast a dancing sword spell just before my spiders chewed him up. after the mage was dead, it went after my spiders, and after killing them, started to go after me!!!