Old 04-26-2002, 03:34 PM   #48
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Are you sure that a gaming forum is the right place for such a conversation? There are alot of underage members here and you might convince some of the kids that owning a gun is 'cool'.
Umm you weren't serious with this post were you?

Owning a gun is no better or worse than owning a hammer or saw.
A gun is an inanimate object, neither "cool" nore malevolent happy or sad. Gun ownership is no different from any other legal hobby in the USA..
[/QUOTE]Well, there are SOME differences. With a single push of a trigger you can kill someone with a gun. You'd practically have to tie someone down and saw them apart to kill someone with a saw. A hammer isn't too good for instantly killing people either. Plus with a gun you can kill people from far away and then run.

Gun ownership differs from other hobbies such as for example... Collecting stamps, in that you cannot use your collection of stamps to kill. Nor can your kid, if he gets a hold of your stamp collection, use it to kill someone. Unless he bores them to death. (No offense meant to stamp collectors )
[/QUOTE]Well I was a juror on a murder case where the instrument of death was a ball pean hammer..one strike to the back of the head...coroner said death was instant....I will however admit it would take considerably MORE effort to kill someone with your stamp collection ...unless you had them in really heavy solid binders.....My real point is that naything can be used in a bad way, it is the person who determines what actions the objects are involved with, not the objects.

[ 04-26-2002, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]