View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 03:16 PM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by GForce:
Well actually I think RoSs_bg2_rox is contributing to the topic. If humans, in general (some people may be more sensitive thus hear "better"), can only hear a certain range, then our general perception is to believe what we can hear. For example, it is generally accepted that there is nothing faster than light. Well I don't believe that. We can see light as being the fastest yet that is the fastest thing that we sense. What if there are things faster than light that we can not see. Its all about sensing the frequencies. What we can percieve thus we believe. What we can't, thus we, in general don't believe or don't generally believe. Another example are the "psychics" or those with super-sensitive senses, the sixth sense. They operate some of the time at a different frequency thus "hear better" or sense better. Now for those who might believe in life after death, do you not also guess that perhaps just operate at a different frequency thus we might percieve a different reality then what we were used to.
Hehe [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't really think whether or not there are things faster than light is a question of "I do or don't believe that". We live in a physical world whose laws have been proven by tests and mathematics or at least by mathematics and maths says that anything going at the speed of light will have infinite mass and that is impossible etc. Although that is of course just in our dimension and I reckon that there might be more dimensions as you say.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray