View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #27
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Nope...PM or e-mail the mods if you're going to question a ruling, but do NOT bring it up on the forum. Everyone is entitled to question a decision, but keep the dirty laundry to yourself.

Sazerac....I have a question.

Would it not be more productive for a member to question a Moderators' decision in the forum (as long as it's done respectfully), so that the Mod could explain his/her reasoning for the decision.

It seems like this would help new members learn what is and isn't acceptable more quickly.

If I PM you with a question, I'll learn your reasons, but no one else will.

I also want to make a distinction between "questioning" a decision and "disagreement" with a decision.

"Questioning" - means that I don't understand what rule was violated or why the Mod decided to take the action they did. This is the type I feel should be Posted on the forum for all to see.

"Disagreement" - means that I know WHY you took a certain action, but I don't agree with it. This SHOULD be handled by PM, because posting it on the forum will undermine the Mods authority.

Just my [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img]