View Single Post
Old 01-10-2002, 01:54 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

Hi StarVid!

Many of those spells are indeed useless, but some of them are simply amazing. Here's my list with annotations of the good ones:

Call Lightning -- Good damage, repeatedly, against either one or many foes. This spell works very well against anything you'll find outdoors, including the occasional dragon.

Summon Insects -- 50% spell failure. Not too bad.

Insect Plague -- 100% spell failure. Now we're talking!

Call Woodland Being -- This summons a Dryad (or Nymph or something that looks and sounds like a Dryad [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). She can cast two Hold Persons, one Hold Monster, Confusion, Call Lightning, Cause Serious Wounds and some other less-useful enchantments. She can also cast one healing spell, Mass Cure. She'll teleport to your foe and kiss him to death. All in all, a very useful summon.

Ironskins!!! You are a tank. You love Ironskins. You need Ironskins.

Pixie Dust -- I never had need of this, but I hear Mass Invisibility is very useful when battling spellcasters. Some day I'll try it out.

Conjure Fire Elemental!!! I am a HUGE fan of Fire Elementals. Everyone talks about how wonderful Skeletal Warriors are (and they are pretty wonderful) but these elementals will eat most undead for breakfast. Shadows, Mummies, Ghasts, Ghouls, Shadow Fiends, Greater Mummies. They have trouble with Wraiths and Vampires, but anything else is toast.

7th level spells: eh, Earth Elementals are okay, and Creeping Doom is okay (though for some reason SHORTER in duration than Insect Plague), Nature's Beauty I haven't used much, but it sounds good.

Hope this helps,
-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote