View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 07:17 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
It is a shame that the gaming industry is turning into what it is, but as more and more people try to bite into the gaming pie, the industry becomes more competative.
It's getting to the point where companies cannot take time with their games, the only perfect window for relese is before a similar game comes out.

Back in "the day" (BG2) there were few games like it, and few games out there/due to be released, so any release date was acceptable.
The game was also somewhat unique, but now days, there is are games that simulate everything, from playing the guitar to cooking.

So I guess the companies just rely on famous titles to help them get their game sales and be done with it.
I have yet to see a game similar to BG, Torment, or Fallout. It seem to me that a company that would actually try to make a good rpg would get good money.

Or they can keep releasing crappy diablo clones and unknown shooters, I'm sure releasing the exact same product than everyone else is a good idea. Market saturation is a good thing, right?

[ 08-27-2006, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote