View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #22
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Really?! I thought Iceland was like this little chunk of freezing temperatures. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Even here we've gotten down to -43C, -44C once or twice in my lifetime.
It ain't winter if it ain't AT LEAST -20C with 3 feet of snow, and it has to hit -40C at least twice. I'm sick I know, but then again I am from northern Alberta so to me that's winter. and if you can believe it I love winter and hate summer. go figure huh? I should just move up to Tuktoiuktuk (sp?) on the Arctic coastline.

I'm going to school in Calgary right now, however, and the weather there is annoying. it'll get nice and briskly cold for one day, and then it's above 0. I don't know if it's the green grass in February that bothers me or just the fact that Calgary weather can't seem to make up it's mind. why do we even bother with a forecast down there?
[/QUOTE]Agreed with the weather in calgary. They just need time to fill in the news cast. Iam sure they guy or gal could stand up there and say "Well I think it is going to be cold. Or maybe it will be warm. You decide."

Also I was working in Foxcreek last year which is north of Edmonton by about 2 hours. And we had -44 at the plant last year with a 10km wind. Which then puts it below -50. I had to work out in that weather. You could only be out for short periods of time then have to go in and warm up. I am so happy I have a indoor job now.