View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 03:56 PM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Is that the only place the game freezes? WinME can be very tricky sometimes but a "set origin" error??? I can olny give you some alternatives that MIGHT solve this:
1) -Set desktop settings to 640*480 (16 bits) before running the game.
-Close some background applications (not explorer or systray)
-Delete all files from your windows/temp folder
-Run scan disk
-run disk defragmentation

The desktop setting might just help but donīt count on it.

2) Install the patch. Can be found here. Read the readme file first and backup the files you are about to over write from you W&W folder before extracting the new ones (these files are Gmdata.pak, ttoada.l2n, ttoada.nvs, D6item.dat, deep6.exe)! If you already have applied the patch, remove it by copying the files mentioned above from CD1 to your W&W folder.

3) If that didnīt work, uninstall then re-install the game. You can keep your saved games by backing up the save files and your roster.dat file.

Edit: Win ME isnīt really like working with win2000/XP. ME is an "upgraded" *cough* (Iīd say downgraded) version of Win98, whereas win2000/XP is upgraded from Win NT.

IMPORTANT EDIT:Run dxdiag! Check the screen/monitor (whatever itīs called ) tab. Click "test DirectDraw". Does it work? In any case, what version of DirectX are you using. DX8.0? That info is on the system tab in dxdiag. If it is DX8.0 try upgrading to DX8.1 here.

[ 01-12-2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]