View Single Post
Old 11-10-2001, 05:46 PM   #1
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm in an MP game with a fighter-cleric (dualed from fighter level 6 to cleric in BG1). My character will be meleeing a lot since we only have one pure fighter, a dwarven berserker who will be dual-wielding axe and war hammer (eventually he will have Crom Faeyr). We also have a kensai-thief, a thief-mage, a sorceress, and bard. All are characters that were created in and carried over from BG1 games.

I have decided to put my profs into flail**** and mace****. But for the remaining 2 profs which is preferable: two weapon style or sword and shield style? I'm thinking that we will need the greatest offensive capability out of my character, and therefore I should dual-wield. Especially since I can be buffed on Holy Power and Righteous Magic. This character has 18 strength and 18 dexterity, and he should be pretty damned formidable with the Flail of Ages in one hand and the Mace of Disruption or Skullcrusher in the other. But a number of folks have commented that sword and shield style is nevertheless the better choice. Your thoughts on this?

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Lemernis ]