View Single Post
Old 11-30-2000, 12:33 AM   #1
xenotoca

Not a known bug and as far as I know no one else apaert from yourself (never saw black fiends post) have had this. The game has only ever locked on me once but others have had more. A restart of the computer and rentering game has always solved this in the past. As you say you do need a big virtual drive for swapping info in and out of and the load / save time were divided by 8 when I added 128meg to the 64 I was using. Other things to try, turn off all TSR`s (little box on your right in taskbar) especially any virus checker. The game is virus free but aome checkers still insist on checking every byte in and out of memory. This can turn a 5 minute install into 55 min and may affect the game when its running.
You do not say what OS you are using, neither if you are running the graphics is software of hardware mode. W2000 is not supported but the game will run with mods and many people have had problems running the graphics other than in software mode while of course other havenot. This is part of the charm of the Modern PC almost no 2 are alike, what a headache for the programmers at least they know were they are with a games console, until ver 1,1 of the consle OS comes out to beat the chippers.
Let us know if you resove the problem and how as it may help those who come after you.