View Single Post
Old 11-03-2001, 08:19 AM   #2
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I advise you to read Dundee Slaytern's comments in an earlier Jaheira thread. His words are particularly... apt...
As for Haer Dalis I think he is fun but you can't put him in the front line. You are right, he just doesn't the AC or HPs for it. But with offensive spin he becomse a bit of a killing machine. Send him in to pick on the defenceless or just use him as a third fighter (every party needs at least two IMO). When the other guys are getting pulped move in Haer Dalis, he hopefully won't get hit much if you move him in later. The enemy will still attack the person they were originally leaving the fragile Teifling to cut things up. Also the ability to cast magic missile in combat should not be underestimated.

But yeah, I prefer Anomen too. I found he was funny just for the things people say to him. Edwin actually got quite moralistic and Jan just took the piss 24/7. And he really kicks ass with the Flail of Ages.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe