View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 08:56 PM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

So, now I understand what Neutrality is. It means that I do not openly state my opinion and seem only to agree with the Christians, for example, on the board...but I must show every new member that I encourage them to post their non-Christian beleifs...and I will not supress them..
That is the key, I think. I will not suppress you, for your viewpoints, cause I, (a Mod.) disagreeing with you is scarier than a normal poster doing so.

Now...everyone...Have I stated this theory clearly and correctly? Have I gone off the point, or made an untrue assumption?
It is now your time to teach me, as I eagerly look forward to your opinions on this.

Is this what a Moderator's Neutrality means?

By cracky, I hope not! I'm one opinionated S.O.B. and I certainly am NOT changing, regardless of what anyone else thinks. I do treat others in a forum with respect, however, and that's all I ask in return...to me and to each other.

You don't have to agree with me. In fact, you can disagree with me coming and going. But as long as you are respectful, we can interact, and maybe even learn from each other.

Ok, since Larry is giving examples: let's take a look at two statements a person can make in reply to an opinion s/he doesn't agree with:

1) That's an interesting point of view, XXXX. I've had a different experience myself, and I beg to differ with you on your opinion. My experience has been__________________. However, I'm interested in hearing how you came to your conclusions as well. Perhaps I've missed something along the way? Anyway, it sounds interesting.

2) Well, that's about the most ignorant thing I've read on this forum yet. Did you even get a 4th grade education, or are you a reject from a state school? It's OBVIOUS you don't know what the *BLEEP* you're talking about, because if you'd have taken the time to research your subject you would have known __________________________________. Come back and talk to me when you get an education, retard.

Now, which person would you rather interact with? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Is the first one so much harder to do than the second?

Mutual respect. That's all we're asking for here.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."