View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 01:50 PM   #2
Tancred
White Dragon

Oh, gawd... erm, I'll try...

1) Yes, attacking someone forces you out of the shadows. Make sure you are RIGHT behind the backstabbee when you attack them - the shadows will only last a few seconds.

2)Not sure - but as far as I understand it, Hide In Shadows is the skill that allows you to hide, but if you move around there is a greater risk that you will be spotted. Move Silently affects that risk factor. Improve both of them simultaneously and you shouldn't have much of a problem.

3) Yes! Only certain weapons can be used to backstab - I know katanas, spears, halberds, clubs, maces, flails and quarterstaves don't work. I have no idea where there might be a list of nonbackstabbable weapons. Stick to longswords, shortswords and daggers and you should be ok.

4) Nope. You either get the bonus for using one weapon or the ability to use two. I guess the Single Weapon proficiency is something to do with using your open hand to ward and deflect blows.

5) A sufficiently powerful Cleric can cast the level 5 spell Chaotic Commands, which renders the recipient immune to Charm. There are also several weapons and pieces of armour that render the user immune to Charm - Lilarcor the sword, the Helmet of Charm Protection and others. As far as the Mindflayers' intelligence draining powers go, try to keep any low-INT characters out of the fight, and concentrate in taking down one Mindflayer at a time, either by focussing your party on one or luring them out one at a time.

6) And lastly, yes - the Viconia romance carries on with new stuff in Tob!

Hope this helps, sah!