View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 01:18 PM   #1
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok well iv decided to make a game with an assasin, the 7x backstab damage intrigues me.

But I gots me a problem. A few actually.

Ok well:
1) backstab damage occurs when you are hidden in shadows and then attack something right? If you attack them from a distance with auto attack..will it revela you before you actually hit them, ending the backstab damage?

2) what good is move silently? doews that make you able to stay in hide in shadows mode when ltos of people are aroun?

3) does it matter waht weapon you use to backstab? can i still backstab with a katana? a ninja to? a scmitar?

4) ok i know there is the weapon proficiency to improve using a one handed weap overall, and one to make you have less penalties using two one handed weapons.
if i put a proficiency in both of those, will i still get the bonuses from the single weapon style if i have two one handers equipped?

5) I HATE MINDLFLAYERS! So far iv gotten two games past them, but i find whenever there is a battgle with 2 or more flayers i have to either save and thenf giht them about 40 times over before i win, or i have to invis my party with invis 10', then use the control collars on one to open the door, then use hide in shadows to get my mans afe again, and continue like that till i reach the end. Is there some trick i dont know about? A spell that they arent immune to? (iv tried every spell in my mages book, everything is either resisted or does like 2 damage)

6) In the Viconia romance, i heard it dies like later in the game, even though she stays in your group. In TOB does it pick back up again? If so is there something thats important to do to make ti come back? Can you tell it to me without spoiling too much?

Thanks so much for answering these, and even mroe thanks tot hose of you who have helped me in my previous four or five postss wiht various noobie questions like this.