Thread: imprisiment
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2001, 07:32 AM   #10
Whailor

While I know that I haven't got all the items there are in BG2, I still never saw such a shield in BG2: SoA - "Shield of the Archons". Is it some ToB item?

As for Maze, as I said, I cannot recall if I had died to it or not. The spell what was shot at my char was like 4 closing in walls (like some jail cell bars heh) and then pop! Main char was gone. When I first time played it, this is how my game ended in the Planar Sphere, when that pesky rabid halfling cast that same spell on me - I saw those "bars" close around my main char, then wham! He was gone, the control panel and char portraits also were gone and soon I saw the well familiar movie with the buttons "Load" or "Cancel". I never play solo (as with just 1 char) because I would miss on LOADS of quests like this and why the heck would I want that. My group was fighting the other halflings there, main char went after the caster because the darn caster was rude.

When I now again suddenly saw those "bars" close in on my char, I was like thinking "Darn! Why I didn't save the game lately, last save I did was 1 hour ago, good thing I have tad fresher autosave". But to my pleasant surprize the game didn't end and soon enough my main char popped out, stripped of every buff which still should have been on. Not to mention he was also short of 5 HP what the Helm of Balduran gives. Just as if he was resurrected or something.. Go figure..