Thread: imprisiment
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2001, 05:08 AM   #4
Whailor

There is no natural resist or saving throw against it, but that's why I also choose the Berserker: they are immune to that and many others, while Enraged. Really handy.

I am not very "at home" when it comes to spells, but the Chaotic Commands also gave some resistances, similar to Enrage, however, as I said, I don't remember the details and it may not give perhaps the immunity to that.

And frankly this is one of the weaknesses in BG games: they (Bioware) claim that the chars who join and walk with you have the mind of their own, and may disagree and leave you. Yet when your main char gets waxed, be it spell or combat, and everyone else is alive, they act like mindless blithering fools and the game ends? Whatta?? Weren't they supposed to have a mind of their own? Least they could do is to finish the current fight and walk to the bloody temple, and resurect me; or do it on the spot. But no... "Mind of their own", bah!

Speaking of which.. I downloaded some fixes and improvements from Baldurash, and I saw something interesting. There's the spell called Maze, and if I am correct, when my main char got hit by it, the game used to be over as well. However, now I have had my main char Mazed 2 times (one from a trap what a slacker Yoshi didn't detect; another from some lich somewhere, when my Enrage dropped), and each time the game has moved on. After some time, like minute or so in real life, the main char has popped back out and was fine. Just what is needed! So either this was a fix from Baldurash's page, or I was really unlucky previous times, when Maze ended my game heheh..