View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 06:43 PM   #34
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Wow its still here :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
A bit off topic, but it looks like Wizards of the Coast is stopping production on Forgotten Realms novels as a whole-- Even Ed Greenwood and Bob Salvatore--both have quietly showed their sadness...

Supposedly they are going to make a feature Movie based in the Forgotten Realms..(HAHAHAHAH um, sorry. but remember the DnD movies?) but, uh.. then why stop making novels? Do they plan re-releasing all old ones and restart FR?

I mean, the last 6 years FR novels have been slim.. usually an Elminster and Drizzt novel, and 2-3 paperbacks. really sad. in the 90's, we'd have 12-15 novels a year!

Anyway, I've been playing a NEW Retro game called Flinthook--go look it up on YouTube! Its a retro 'kinda looking' platformer that reminds me of c64 bruce lee with bionic commando and mario all thrown together, but without looking like a ripoff. VERY cool looking, and challenging. Its and indie game, and cost only $15.. on PC and PS4. I got it on PS4 (seems better with a controller, and sitting in the living room to play)

I'd also LOVE to see a remake of that game! (And tons more-- like X-wing vs Tie fighter) I loved that game. but not really a RPG.

I remember a thread on IW about this when it began happening. I remember I was just about to get into buying the books again...I have all of them from the old days...and then this happened just when I was getting ready to start investing again...and we cried long and hard over this.

Now, you're telling me they're straight up quitting.

Well...if I ever choose to forgive them for what they did to my world and start buying again...at least I know I can eventually catch up now.