View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 07:42 AM   #7
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted By: Jan
Yep a Hobgoblin . Well he isn't the big problem but his friends!! They shoot arrows with poison . Lot's of damage
If the poison arrows are giving you the most trouble, then just have your toughest party member imediately run up to the archers and ingage them in melee combat. From that point, have the rest of your party nail the baddies with long range weaponry.
Maybe you already know this but I'll tell you what I use as a last resort in a very tough fight.
Spoiler
Go back to the Friendly Arm Inn, there you will find a certain someone (I'm not telling you who it is) with a Nymph Cloak. Pickpocket it off of that person. It is one of the most valuable items in the game (in my opinion). Then go back to Mister Zargal and his lackeys, however before you engage with them, go and find a bear, or a Giberling and use this cloak to charm that creature. Then use this charmed creature(s) as your personal pin cushion(s). A little cheesey I know, but this cloak can really get you out of some jams!