View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 08:23 PM   #10
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Chapter Three: Look At Me, I'm Mae'Var and I Don't Have To Listen To A Child of Bhaal!

Renal Bloodscalp asked us to spy on a thief named Mae'Var. Meh, minus will do it. When I arrived I ended up spending the vast majority of my money on a few items Gorch had.

So I drank some potions of Master Thievery and pick-pocketed any items I wanted.

We then headed to the back, where we met an old thief who was looking for his Rhumatism medicine. We went upstairs, and met a female thief who was very interested in me...until I told her I like guys.

"Why are the good ones taken, or gay?" she asked herself.

She gave us the old man's medicine, and we went back downstairs and gave him it. Although, we accidentally gave him the wrong bottle, a bottle labeled "Aphrodisiac" which we were supposed to give to Mae'Var...

Oops!

We directed him upstairs to the woman, figured he should at least keep her occupied for a while.

When the party met Mae'Var, he seemed preoccupied with torturing his cousin. He asked us to steal a Necklace of Talos for him.

I had planned to steal it when the Priestess was sleeping, unfortunately, she was awake. So I pick-pocketed it, put it on, and talked to her.

Her reply: "Some idiot thief stole my necklace! No service for you today!"

I almost replied some idiot doesn't notice the necklace I'm wearing, which is a dinner plate! My judgement said not to.

Mae'Var agreed, it was a dinner plate. He wanted us to meet a wizard upstairs.

"Edwin! How'd ye get that Ring of Folly off!?" I asked him.

"I have my resources, simian! (I should pay this one back for the misfortune of having to shovel manure to get the ring off!)"

"What's that smell?"

"Oh, nothing you imbecile!"

Edwin asked us to kill a wizard, which wasn't that easy. The wizard is the same wizard that 'removed' the cursed ring from Edwin, and he wanted him dead.

When we came back, our next quest was to get some documents. We were told not to read them...so guess what we did?

Edwin's Pen Pal Letter:

Dear Lylia,

How are you doing you little simian? I am fine myself (Though I abhor having to write to a girl of nine seasons). Regarding your last correspondence, no I do not have any dollys! Even if I did, I wouldn't give them to you! If you ask again, I shall polymorph you into a rat (Better polymorph her into a goblin slave instead)!

Hatefully,
Edwin

We delivered the letters to Edwin. He kept demanding to know why we were snickering.

We went to Mae'Var, got a quest, didn't kill the guy, then Mae'Var blows us off. Who does he think he is!?

Edwin joined us after that. We got the letters implicating Mae'Var, then set some traps in Mae'Var's area. After telling Renal all, we went to kill him.

I hid in shadows, took the back way in, and backstabbed the bastard!

Our reward, whatever we got from him, gold, and The Shadow's Blade! Yes!

Now I have a sword to match the kickass armor I got off of Mae'Var!
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote