View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 01:53 PM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Don't you think though that in the events that have unfolded over the last year that we have to prepare ourselves for the possibility of terrorist acts being commited on any day of the week, any day of the year, anywhere on American soil or in American ports?

Not to take awy from the urgency this latest event implies, just that we have to accept that we need to live in state of awareness now that we know for sure we are not invulnerable?
Yes I do! I thought it was interesting that it happened yesterday of all days. I was reading further about this just a little while ago. It seems that it's the second time this ship has been ordered out of the harbor. The first time was because of paperwork. Then The Coast Guard heard strange noises and alerted a NEST Team. One of their instruments detected gamma and nuetron rays being emmitted. A good sign that there could be nuclear material on board. Another instrument detect nothing out of the ordinary. So everyone decided to play it safe and send the ship back out to sea til they could search the entire cargo. It's also interesting where all the ship had been prior to coming to New York. Read here. http://www.msnbc.com/news/807075.asp