View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 07:35 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Uninstalling drivers under Windows XP has always presented me with the problem that my machine always re-installs the driver on reboot. I've never been able to cancel the process, so my successful experiences with my ti4400 have been when I installed the executable first. That creates a directory with all the necessary nVidia files unzipped and then attempts to change the driver. It will ask for a reboot. If you have problems with the driver's installation after rebooting, use Device Manager>Graphics>Upgrade Driver and point to the nVidia directory that was created, and reboot again. After you've done this, if you have any old nVidia directories you can delete them, but keep the new one.

Using this method I've never had to go the Device Manger>Graphics>Upgrade Driver options, but it is there just in case.
You have been answered well young grasshopper, may the force be with you.

Ah yes, the early version of XP. Thankfully M$ changed that somewhere between build 1 and build 5. I started with build 1 so I have felt your pain. I'm now running build 5, and on my last hardware upgrade, it was a breeze. When I return for turkey day I will look into this SP2 that seems to be all the rave.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.