View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 06:59 AM   #21
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Canada and Australia would have to be the least likely 2 nations to fight a war.... but then again, what were Australians doing invading Turkey?
What we were doing was sending troops to help out mother england when she invaded turkey. Why England invaded Turkey is a whole other question, the answer to which I have no idea. But I agree, Australia and Canada are about as likely to start a war between each other as Israel is to end one with any of it's neighbours (baring a win to either side).

As for the actual question being asked: it's easy. neither country has an offensively based military, so whoever invaded would get their ass handed to them (and the home side always has the advantage anyway). Both Australias and Canadas military are capable only of defending their own homeland (and what else do you really need unless you want to be boss of the world like america), and sending a few troops off every now and then so the USA can say their military campaigns are actually United Nations type events.

ps. anyone invading australia would have a b^$%^ of a time. The thing in WW2 when the japs were coming south was, our army drew inland, meaning the japanese were free to land, and god help them from the wildlife if they did, lol. The environment here is our biggest weapon