Thread: nutrition
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I read a book from a Dr. Andrew Weil once, and it was pretty insightful re nutrition. Need to buy that book again. I gave it out to a friend's husband years ago, and later heard he thought I was a witch, not just cause of the book, but cause I played RPG games and painted lead dragons. Never got the book back LOL.

Anyways, in it there are so many foods he says are bad for you in one way or another, including most meat, especially beef. Also that is a no-no is any kind of oil except olive oil, can't remember what he said, something about your body unable to completely digest/absorb it. Salmon he recommends highly, also brown rice. His book also gets into things like stress, and what emotions do chemically inside our bodies, and how it ultimately can affect our health. It also goes through all the vitamins and what they do, and also, surprisingly, that taking multivitamins is not always a good idea, as certain vitamins, taken together, cancel eachother out. (sorry can't remember which ones LOL!). Again, I gotta just buy the book again and read it LOL.

Reality Show Recaps