Thread: nutrition
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Anyone here really into nutrition?
i know most nutritionalists will say everything in moderation, but to me thats just an easy way out to simplify something for people so that they dont have to learn what the real skinny is on everything and plan a diet accordingly.

For example,
ive been reading that soybean products that are not fermented for long periods of time (eg tofu, soy milk) cause problems with your thyroid, blocks enzymes for protein digestion, blocks the uptake of essential minerals (calcium, magnesium, copper etc etc)

Now for milk, ive been reading that contrary to popular belief - milk and other dairy byproducts have problems when it comes to humans digesting them. Cows milk is meant for calfs, human breast milk is meant for human babies. Apparently the reason why most of the worlds population is lactose intolerant is because nature removes the enzymes that let a baby digest their mothers milk. If you keep drinking cows milk the enzymes still stay there, but many people will have difficulties with digestion, intestinal problems, osteoporosis etc etc.

Now unsaturated fat used to be thought to be the good fat since it lowers cholesterol, but it does this by suppressing many bodily functions. this actually causes damage to the system over a period of time.

Of course there are arguments for each of these listing the positive effects or discounting the negative....i duno who or what to believe