View Single Post
Old 11-03-2001, 07:28 PM   #1
Kaleban
Manshoon

According to nearly every item description, the "master" Drow armorers and weaponsmiths cleverly weave adamantite into their equipment.

So when fighting near "boreholes" where Drow apparently perform surface raids, wouldn't all of their equipment basically disintegrate? Leaving them weapon and armorless?

I highly doubt that every Drow Elf carries around one full set of Adamantite armor and equipment, and another one of normal steel (I don't care what your weight limit is, it is not conceivable due to the bulk to carry around that much!), and given the stories we read in books or on-line concerning them, can we honestly expect the blood-thirsty Drow to ask for a "time-out" while they switch to their other equipment???

I realize that BG characters, given a Girdle of Fire Giant Strength could carry 16 suits of Full-Plate if they wanted, and the inconsistency has occurred to me. I intend this question of paradox to apply to the actual world and stories that we read about.