View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 09:25 AM   #19
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Well, I am very sympathetic. Unfortunately, I don't know Swedish. RM, what EXACTLY on the test did you screw up on? I mean was it vocabulary, noun genders, verb conjugations, etc.? I've studied several languages and could maybe give you some generic helpful study hints if I knew where you are having the most trouble.

I take it that you speak English and Finnish. It's ironic, I have heard that Finnish is extremely difficult.
the things i screwed up in? well, it would be a bit easier to say what i didnt screw up in...the test itself wasnt a big one, mainly vocabulary and the declensions of the words. they were pretty simple words like yrke(job) dikt(poem)and basic words like that, but i didnt know what they were then, so i failed. the thing that makes it so hard is that you have to get 55% correct to pass!! oh well, ill just study harder for the next one.

btw, im a, what do you call it, a dual nationality, maybe? anyway, im an american citizen, but im also a Finnish citizen, hence i know the finnish language. so theoratically i could become the president of the USA or finland(i wonder if i could be both [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ). and you are correct, finnish is ranked as one of the hardest languages in the world(right there with chinese, korean and japanese), due to its strange grammar.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."