View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 04:45 AM   #23
Epona
Zartan

Default Re: Dragon Age 2 (Rant included, PG)

I pre-ordered from Steam, the game was released here midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning, and because I'd downloaded it in advance I was playing it shortly after that (although it conflicted with my 3D drivers and not being able to start the game confused me for a while until I worked it out!)

I'm now just starting Act II, and although I had misgivings based on bits of info I heard before playing, I have to say that it is actually a great game. There are some signs (IMO) that Bioware were rushed to produce another game in a short space of time - such as various interiors/caves/exteriors being duplicated in different locations - but the story (at least as much as I've played so far, I've avoided spoilers so don't know what lies ahead) makes up for that, and the companions are really well written. It is not without flaws, but it is still an interesting and fun game overall, and combat is fast and fun.

So far I'd give it 8.5 out of 10 - it's not going to usurp my favourite games from the top few places of my list, but it's well worth playing and certainly not the dud that some reviews have suggested.

Edit: AAARGH Since when has my age been visible right there under my avatar? It is rude to ask a woman her age, it's even more rude to display it like that!

Last edited by Epona; 03-13-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote