View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 02:23 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Touchy subject. So much has been discussed on religion lately, I thought I'd bring abortion into the debate. This is tricky, because so many people find that their religion dictates one thing while other beliefs they hold dictate another.

The Abortion topic sits at the very heart of the "God" question and also tries the very definition of human. After you've answered this very simple poll, please feel free to let us know the following:

1. How you voted (of course)
2. Why
3. Whether that conflicts with your religion's stance on the issue
4. Whether your views change with extenuating circumstances (e.g. you do not support abortion but would support it for rape and incest victims, especially when they are young, or in the cases where the mother's life is in danger).
and
5. (just for s*ts and giggles) Whether or not you support the death penalty and how, if at all, you see that relative to your abortion stance.

Hope this generates worthwhile debate. I will note I have not posted on this before because it is one of the touchiest subjects out there. But, the level of maturity on this community leaves me hopeful.

Pax