View Single Post
Old 11-07-2000, 12:40 AM   #4
York

Memnoch, thanks for your suggestions and your spoiler etiquette comment... Being stuck in the game and greatly frustrated, I was entirely focused on accurately describe my plight, and gave no thought whatsoever to the significance of my comments regarding the story line. Apologies.

Regarding your suggestions and applying them to my situation, I really don't think it's a hardware issue in my case. The game has run great up to this point (Full Install on an AMD 600 Athalon system with Guillemot 3D Prophet card, 128 MB RAM, 30 GIG HD). Since I have been unable to rest without lockup just after the Asylum battle, I've pushed on through chapter four and on into chapter five, where I have been able to battle, level-up, save, exit, reload, etc. with no problem... no problem, that is, until I try to rest. At this point all members of my party are starting to whine... you can imagine how annoying it is when as you're going toe-to-toe with Balor, Aerie repetedly yawns and says, "I could really use some rest." Barring experienced and/or expert suggestions, I'm going to try turning off 3D animation and other adjustments like that. If that doesn't work, I'll try... I don't know.