Thread: hardest battle
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2001, 11:57 AM   #6
RedArrow

Hmm it must be Firkraag. That's the one I reloaded the most. Not that I didn't beat him in the first 2-3 times I tried but in one of those times Aerie was thorn to pieces. The other time Pit Fiend killed him and I didn't get the exp. I reloaded more than ten times to kill him without any casulties.

With Kangaxx I got lucky. At my second try Minsc outright killed him with Mace of Disruption+2.

Rune was easy too. Again I beat them at second try. I didn't walk too far so the mage in the back didn't join the battle. I got insect plague to stick on Shangalar which turned him into a fragile wuss. I put Minsc on the Vampire and again with the mace of d.(this wasn't an outright kill tho) and I guess vampires being his racial enemy he died quick enough. I put the rest of the party on assasin and took him out rather quick. Than concentrated on beholder. I have to confess my tho my main char, Minsc and Yoshi had 5 potions of extra healing each and they finished the battle with 2, 1, 1 potions respectively.

I think the difficulty of the battles depend on when you face the major mobs of the game tho. The guys at the Den for example took 1-2 less reloads than Firkraag cause I attacked them right after I came to Athkatla. And for example Balor last night was a pushover. He didn't even do any damage, just stuned a few and I waited 2x more for the stuns to go away than the time it took to beat him.

Ah I just remembered the final battle in Astral Prison took some reloads as well.