View Single Post
Old 09-07-2001, 03:46 PM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

As I've said, my view on it has been in both camps so far. Not really sure either way, but one thing is for sure, things can and do get lost when put in places nobody expects to find them. Thus the misconception on polls. A poll is not a discussion, albeit it may contain info pertintent to an answer, it is not expected to be a "I believe this, what do you believe" set of threads, but a "Do you believe x, y or z or other" type of thread. And my point is simple, such things DO become discussions so the two have blended there.

Someone (in msn) told me that people were doing that on purpose. IE: holding 'serious, HOT topic discussions" in POLLS to avoid offending people here in GD! I was bothered for one reason: GD was MADE for such things as well as the fluff and I wondered if this person was right. Were people holding those debates/discussions there INSTEAD of GD for that reason? Or was it just a simple matter of where one happened to be when a topic came up? Same idea, though. It's happening elsewhere, not in GD, so we have, de facto, a separate forum already!

For the record, I can count on ONE hand and have fingers left over, the number of times I've brought forum related things up with our Webmaster in my time here at IW. In fact, other than informing him of troll activity and asking about private messaging or chat, I'd have to say that this is the ONLY time I've made upgrade suggestions! And in any case, I put forth ALL options when I suggest things to Z, so 'player' or 'participant', I never forcefeed ANYONE my views. I offer them as options and point to what I prefer.

Cloudy, glad that it's Friday and she goes home in 15 minutes

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-07-2001).]