View Single Post
Old 08-22-2001, 03:14 PM   #15
Starkiller
The Magister

Well, I think I can explain the hordes of magical items...BG2 is something of a crossover between 2nd and 3rd edition, and in 3rd it is MUCH easier to create magical stuff...hell, a first level mage can do it if they are willing to lose xp (to a certain extent). As for my biggest problems with the game:

1. I don't know about the others, but the mage stronghold BLOWS! Okay, fine, so you can't make magical items and golems and turn yourself into a lich and stuff, but a planar sphere should AT LEAST be able to...oh, I don't know...TRAVEL THE PLANES!! I mean come on...

2. I agree with trux that the dialougues often leave you sounding dumb...SPOILER...It would be so cool if you cloud say..."Well, I think I'l be leaving with her now...IRENICUS or something of the sort. I think ymost of you know what part I am talking about, don't want to spoil too much.

3. Similar to my second problem with the game, BG2 has a problem many games have which is that when you read a scroll, apparently you do not READ THE SCROLL. I really hope they learn to fix this soon in games, as it really ruins any feeling of connection with your character as in knowing what he knows, and trying to figure things out when you read a scroll that says something to the effect of "haha, I will hide inside this clown outfit and talk to Starkiller, once his guard is lowered I will trap him in another plane!!" You put the scroll in your bag, walk about ten steps and then...oh look, a clown! "Hello mr. clown, I...aaahhh..." I saw it coming, WHY DIDNT MY CHARACTER?

4.Why isn't there a more evil dialougue line with Irenicus. Why do you have to say "I will destroy you" I always found the hinted at power that Irenicus could have unlocked for you much more interesting, but there is no way to follow up on it, and finally

5.You are a child of Bhaal, shouldn't you have something special and cool about you. A CHILD OF A GOD should have something more than a couple inherent 2nd level priest spells. Maybe some specially taylored powers? Something? Someone? Come on, maybe?

Thank you for listening to my rant. Despite all this, I love the game.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"