View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I'm not a complete first timer, but I never got far.

I used to own the important 3e rulebooks, and I'm a big fan of multiclassed characters. I've also always liked slightly smaller parties, and would like to try out a 4 man crew.

Please LMK how my party looks:

1) Male Drow Fighter 4/Rogue 3/Barbarian 3/ Wizard X (I might specialize, not sure) This is my main tank, and backup Wizard. I've never really been a fan of Thieves in these types of games, and I think with a high INT, 3 levels of Rogue should be enough to be a little sneaky and deal with Locks and Traps well. Since I will concentrate on spells that make this guy a better combatant, is there a school I should choose that won't hinder those types of spells?

2) Aasimar Paladin 3/Sorcerer X. I'll probably start off as a Sorcerer until I get some good offensive spells like Fireball. Then I'll add 2, maybe 3 Paladin levels later (I like the idea of using a missile weapon when not casting, and the Immunity to Fear is really cool!).

3) Human Druid X/Bard 11. I like the Bard songs, and noticed that WCotS it in this game too. That's the reason for the 11 Bard levels. I've never been a huge fan of Druid spells, but dipping into a new class seems better than advancing more as a Bard (doesn't seem too important IMO). This character will do most of the talking, and I guess is the most "support" based of the crew.

4) Drow Female Cleric (LG) X/ Monk 3/Paladin 3. This is my main Cleric. The Monk and Paladin levels can be added later on (after some cool Cleric spells are had!). I like the Monk WIS bonus to AC, since this character won't have a really high STR, and I also like moving faster! The Monk levels will be added when the WIS bonus makes a better AC than the armor I can wear. The Paladin levels are there for the same reasons they are on the character #1, and I may only add 2 (It depends on what feels right).

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote