View Single Post
Old 07-12-2001, 10:35 PM   #11
Darviathar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverblade:
man this is so frustrating, choosing between Anomen and Jaheira. I already have Jaheira. I use her mostly for healing and wheneve my 3 tanks need a backup. The only other spell I use is Entangle but it happens very seldom and ususally never works. I keep hearing about all these good things about both characters...and frankly its driving me nuts. Everyone keeps telling me that the upper levels spells for both are awesome. I can't make up my mind. Somebody that has use both proficiently ,,,,HELP....Thanx

I used both Anomen and Jahiera all the way through my most recent SOA campaign (which concluded about a week ago). I took Anomen simply because I believe that he is among the very best NPC's in the game. You've got to have a cleric, and of the NPC clerics available, he is easily the best all around, despite his low wisdom. Having tons of HP and 7th level fighter abilities more than give him the advantage over Virconia in all but the sex appeal department. I'm no big fan of multiclassed characters, but since I wanted a romance plot (and didn't want two pure clerics or a multiclassed cleric/mage) I kept Jaheira around. Jahiera helped out in SOA with her spells. At times I needed 6 death wards total for my group, or needed Anomen ressed after he fell in battle. Of my six characters (PC Undead Hunter, Keldorn, Anomen, Jahiera, Edwin, Imoen) Jahiera was probably the least overall important to me. Upon reaching SOA, I decided that she had simply run her course with my party. (easier choice to make, since the romance plot between her and my PC never developed for some reason). I replaced her with Sarevok, and have not once regretted the substitution. Anomen, on the other hand, is still my second best overall character, and in two deadly watcher's keep battles was the only character other than my PC to survive. He levels insanely fast, and by Throne of Bhaal had so much healing power that a second healer in my group was redundant. To conclude, I strongly suggest you choose Anomen over Jahiera. Unless she is your only chance at a romance plot, I cannot think of any reason to retain her over Anomen. She cannot wear strong armor, wield powerful weapons, has few HP, levels excruciatingly slowly, and generally annoys me to death by repeatedly declaring that "Nature could find a home here, if this place was properly cleansed and balanced". What the hell is that supposed to mean anyway...